Good tools are a must for any startup or online business. It would be apt to say that a startup’s success is directly proportional to the tools it uses.
Think of it this way. Who would be able to drill the wall better? The one with a drill machine or the one without. The answer is obvious.
The same goes for tools in the startup space. If you don’t use them, you waste precious time.
Many startups make the mistake of making everything in-house. Why reinvent the wheel? If a company has already perfected a product through years of testing and updates, it should be a no-brainer to use it.
It’s especially important in the current space where most companies are Product-Led Growth . Companies want to focus on the product and customers. Everything else is a second priority.
Let’s take a look at some of these tools.
Navigating between multiple applications and software for managing my tickets and issues has been a big hindrance for me. It wastes a lot of time that could be utilized for some other task.
This tool has completely optimized my workflow. Instead of using Jira and Github in an incoherent way, I’m using DevRev, where everything works seamlessly.
It’s like using an Apple product. It removes small pain points and inconveniences while offering revolutionary features.
DevRev is excellent as it behaves like a CRM.
Let’s look at the perspective of a startup’s team members. Managers can assign issues and tickets to particular team members. These issues and tickets can be differentiated based on tags.
Suppose there’s an issue in some backend API. It can be tagged as “backend” and then assigned. Now, the issue will show up when a manager looks at issues in the backend.
DevRev also brings developers(dev) and users(rev) closer. Startups can integrate the DevRev PLuG SDK into their product or landing page. Users can then voice any complaints. Developers can look at these complaints and raise tickets or issues if needed.
Users are more involved in the product with DevRev. It helps startups become product-led and customer-centric.
Why Startups Should Use DevRev
- It is a CRM or DevCRM that focuses on B2C products. It helps companies improve products with the product and customer at the center. This is also known as a product-led growth approach. It lets companies focus on building while the product markets itself.
- It lets startups(technology) get constant feedback from users. Companies can use this information to optimize their product and user experience.
- It eliminates the need to use multiple software.
- You get a visual representation of all of your features and how they come together with DevRev Trails.
- You can organize and distinguish issues and tickets with DevRev Parts.
Every startup needs an online presence. You might not have a budget to hire a digital marketing agency in the initial phases. No problem! You can get the ball rolling with Mailchimp.
Mailchimp is an email service provider. It helps you manage all of your business emails. You can manage your newsletters and automated emails using Mailchimp.
Email marketing is essential today. It helps customers stay connected with the product. It also informs users of any new update, such as a launch on producthunt or special offers.
Mailchimp lets you easily create an email template with drag and drop. You don’t have to spend extra money.
Mailchimp’s UI is very clean. Everything is obvious. It is very easy to use with other software because of the countless integrations.
Why Use Mailchimp
- Set up email automation.
- Track the performance of emails with analytics. The dashboard gives an overview of engagement, growth, and revenue.
- Make professional-looking newsletters with templates.
- Free for 10,000 emails a month.
SEO is important for any startup. It’s important for companies to have a presence on Google.
You could mindlessly post on your company and hope for results. Or you could use Ahrefs to target low-competition keywords that are relevant to your company.
Ahrefs also lets you audit your sites to check for any errors, such as orphan pages or broken links. You can use it to optimize your internal linking.
Ahrefs has its own crawler, so you don’t have to wait for Google to crawl your website.
You can see how your site is improving over time with Site Explorer. Here you get information about your backlinks, keywords, linking domains, etc.
Why Use Ahrefs
- It’s the best SEO tool.
- You don’t need any other paid tool for SEO.
- Can integrate with Google Data Studio.
- Can analyze competitors’ keywords and backlinks.
- It can Fastrack your SEO growth.
No one hates repetitive tasks more than startups. Zapier is a tool that helps startups automate repetitive tasks. For example, you can get Slack alerts after getting an email from a client.
Zapier is so powerful because of its many integrations with other apps. Chances are that your favorite apps have integrations with Zapier.
You don’t need to code to create the workflows. Instead, you have to use a simple editor to create triggers and actions. In the above example, the email is the trigger, and the Slack message is the action.
Zapier uses the term Zap to denote workflows. Every sap has two parts — the trigger and the action.
Why Use Zapier
- Connect your tools and apps together with Zapier and remove manual work.
- Save time by getting rid of repetitive mundane tasks.
- Manage your clients and customers better.