The FINANCIAL — BlackBerry Limited on October 12 announced that China Mobile Hong Kong Co., Ltd., the wholly owned subsidiary of China Mobile Limited, the world’s largest mobile network operator, is now offering BES12 Cloud, a cloud-based enterprise mobility management solution that will provide easy management of iOS, Android, Windows Phone, BlackBerry 10 smartphones and tablets, as well as a wide range of Samsung KNOX and Android for Work smartphones and tablets, to its enterprise customers.
BES12 as a cross-platform EMM solution, extends beyond EMM to communications, collaboration, and identity and access management within a secure enterprise mobility ecosystem to provide highly productive end-user experience. Now accessible in the cloud, BES12 at CMHK provides enterprise customers with more flexibility and variety in managing their mobile solutions while supporting a broad range of device mobility policies, all through a simple browser interface and without complicated or expensive server installs, according to BlackBerry.
According to a Hong Kong survey, more than 50% of SMEs in Hong Kong recognize the importance of data security and see cloud service as one of the solutions in resolving data security issues. To accommodate the prevailing mobile deployment models BYOD, COPE and COBO, BES12 Cloud leverages BlackBerry’s trusted global infrastructure to offer secured and expanded cross-platform EMM capabilities. Its simple setup and configuration make it easy for SMEs to adopt cross platform MDM, enabling them to enjoy the benefits of cloud-based productivity and collaboration solutions like BlackBerry Blend and BBM Meetings.
Dr Max Ma, Director & Vice President, CMHK, said, “As the subsidiary of the world’s largest network operator, CMHK delivers leading technology and customer service to satisfy our clients’ growing needs. By offering BES12 Cloud, we are excited to expand our partnership with BlackBerry in providing a seamless experience for our enterprise customers in today’s complex enterprise mobility environment.”
Gallant Leon, Managing Director, North Asia, BlackBerry said, “Our number one priority is meeting the increasingly complex mobility needs of our customers. We are delighted to be offering the new BlackBerry BES12 Cloud to CMHK customers through subscription. BES12 streamlines the operating environment for IT professionals and offers convenience and flexibility to users. Not only does it enhance the productivity in an organization, it also aligns with BlackBerry’s core values of security and reliability.”
Key benefits of BlackBerry BES12 Cloud include:
· Easy to get started and manage: BES12 Cloud provides a single end-to-end solution to manage your mobility across platforms. The subscription reduces internal server and infrastructure costs, while offering a scalable EMM solution that can evolve to meet your business needs.
· Flexible deployment options: BES12 Cloud supports different device ownership models and deployment scenarios, including support for KNOX Workspace and Android for Work, and Apple Device Enrolment Program (DEP).
· Reliable and secure infrastructure: Built on proven security trusted around the world, BES12 Cloud lets you control permissions and policies by individuals/ groups across endpoints and apps, while protecting privacy for employees.
· Global (24/7) technical support: All BES12 Cloud subscriptions will receive industry-leading support to cope with the growing complexity and challenging requirements of mobility and evolving EMM strategies
· Protect all mobile content: Maintain complete control of business assets on employees’ mobile devices with management controls appropriate for your business and users. Security is extended through encryption, certificates and containerization capabilities.
· Robust Enterprise Mobility Ecosystem: BES12 Cloud offers you the foundation to extend your EMM capabilities beyond the management of devices and applications.