The FINANCIAL — Hyundai Motor, South Korea’s largest automaker, reports its global sales results for August 2016.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
3. Domestic Sales(Sales in Korea) is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales(Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on shipments.
– Elantra was the best-selling model recording 6,756 units followed by Sonata and Azera posting 5,923 and 3,069 unit sales, respectively, in Korea.
– Genesis G80 and G90 posted total sales of 4,502 units in Korea.
– Soon-to-be launched New i30 and volume models are expected to regain sales momentum.
– Strong performances of SUV models including Santa Fe, Santa Fe Sport and Tucson resulted in the best August sales ever in the U.S.
– Sales increased YoY in China as sedan models such as Elantra and Verna appealed to the Chinese customers.
– India showed solid performance as Creta, i10 and i20 sales maintain strong growth.
– Russia posted increased sales as Creta began its sales nationwide.