The FINANCIAL — Hyundai Motor, South Korea’s largest automaker, reports its global sales results for November 2016.
1. Hyundai Motor currently has overseas plants in Brazil, China, the Czech Republic, India, Russia, Turkey and the U.S.
2. Domestic Production relate to the vehicles produced in Korea for the overseas markets.
3. Domestic Sales(Sales in Korea) is based on retail sales while Overseas Sales(Global Sales excluding Korea) is based on shipments.
<Highlights of domestic market>
– Sales of All-new Grandeur showed a remarkable performance in November, posting 4,606 units.
– Elantra posted a total of 7,752 unit sales in November, a solid performance since October.
– IONIQ Hybrid and Electric recorded its best-ever sales of 1,425 units since its launch in January.
– Hyundai Motor aims to regain sales momentum with strategic sedan models including the All-new Grandeur, Sonata and Elantra.
– SUVs including Tucson and Santa Fe led sales in the U.S., up 10 and 18 percent respectively compared to last year.
– Sales of China recorded a steady increase with models including Elantra and Tucson as purchase tax remains low.
– Czech posted increased YoY sales as Tucson appeals to European customers consistently.
– Turkey maintained solid performance as sales of i10 and i20 in Europe increased since the third quarter of this year.