Industrial producer prices down by 0.2% in euro area

1 min read

The FINANCIAL — In November 2015, compared with October 2015, industrial producer prices fell by 0.2% in the euro area (EA19) and by 0.3% in the EU28, according to estimates from Eurostat, the statistical office of the European Union. In October 2015 prices decreased by 0.3% in both zones.

In November 2015, compared with November 2014, industrial producer prices fell by 3.2% in the euro area and by 3.5% in the EU28.

Monthly comparison by main industrial grouping and by Member State

The 0.2% decrease in industrial producer prices in total industry in the euro area in November 2015, compared with October 2015, is due to price falls of 0.3% for both intermediate goods and the energy sector and of 0.2% for non- durable consumer goods, while prices remained stable for both capital goods and durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy also fell by 0.2%.

In the EU28, the 0.3% decrease is due to price falls of 0.6% in the energy sector, of 0.3% for intermediate goods and of 0.1% for non-durable consumer goods, while prices remained stable for capital goods and increased by 0.1% for durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 0.2%.

The largest decreases in industrial producer prices were observed in Cyprus (-1.6%), Estonia (-1.1%) and Denmark (-0.9%), and the highest increases in Malta (+0.3%), Ireland, France, Latvia and Slovakia (all +0.2%).

Annual comparison by main industrial grouping and by Member State

The 3.2% decrease in industrial producer prices in total industry in the euro area in November 2015, compared with November 2014, is due to price falls of 9.4% in the energy sector, of 2.0% for intermediate goods and of 0.3% for non-durable consumer goods, while prices rose by 0.6% for capital goods and by 0.8% for durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 0.7%.

See also  FDA bans Juul's vapes, pods citing 'conflicting' data on potentially harmful chemicals

In the EU28, the 3.5% price decrease is due to falls of 12.0% in the energy sector, of 1.9% for intermediate goods and of 0.2% for non-durable consumer goods, while prices rose by 0.7% for capital goods and by 0.9% for durable consumer goods. Prices in total industry excluding energy fell by 0.6%.

Industrial producer prices fell in all Member States, with the largest decreases observed in Lithuania (-9.0%), the Netherlands (-8.1%), the United Kingdom (-7.0%), Greece (-6.6%) and Cyprus (-6.4%).

 

Leave a Reply