The FINANCIAL — Mazda Motor Corporation has released refined versions of the Mazda Demio compact on sale in Japan. Known as the Mazda2 in overseas markets, the Mazda Demio has earned high praise in Japan and abroad.
The freshened model goes on sale today at all Mazda, Mazda Anfini and Autozam dealerships nationwide. Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices range from 1,195,000 to 1,621,750 yen (including consumption tax).
The freshened interior features a glossy black center panel and matching materials for the seat cover centers and door trim. New silver garnish on the shift knob, parking brake and inner door handles adds to the enhanced overall quality. Aluminum Metallic, a dark silver exterior body color, has also been added to reflect the quality improvements.
Main features of the refined Demio
– High quality semi-gloss black metallic center panel
– Matching seat cover centers and door trim (three designs: Calm White, Multi Black and Sporty Black)
– Silver garnish: parking brake release button, inner door handles and all automatic air conditioner dials.
– Silver highlights on the shift knob (automatic transmission [AT] and CVT models). An illuminated shifter display has also been added to make driving at night easier (AT and CVT models).
– Silver ring on the manual transmission shift boot.
– A new dark silver exterior body color, Aluminum Metallic, enhances the sense of high quality. There are now twelve available body colors.
– Fully automatic air conditioning and an Alleru [Allergy] Buster unit (a particulate filter to aid allergy sufferers) now come as standard equipment (SPORT grade).