The FINANCIAL -- All eyes will be on EY as the organization tabulates the results for the ceremony that kicks off the all-important award season in Hollywood. For the 42nd year in a row, EY will oversee the entire voting tabulation process of the Golden Globe Awards for the Hollywood Foreign Press Association, according to EY.
The 72nd annual Golden Globe Awards will be telecast live on NBC - Sunday, January 11, 2015, 5:00 p.m. PST/8:00 p.m. EST from The Beverly Hilton in Beverly Hills, California. Leading comediennes Tina Fey and Amy Poehler return as hosts for this year’s ceremony.
“The Golden Globe Awards kick off the awards season in Hollywood, and we are privileged to be responsible for the accuracy of the award results, maintaining the integrity of the process itself and safeguarding those results. It is an honor to have been part of this iconic Hollywood event for over four decades,” Andy Sale, Ernst & Young LLP’s partner responsible for the Golden Globe Awards engagement, said.
EY’s responsibilities for the Golden Globe Awards® balloting process include:
- Overseeing of the entire ballot gathering and tabulation process for both the nominations and final results
- Triple-checking final results to eliminate any margin of error
- Assembling winners’ envelopes and exclusively maintaining control of these until moments before each celebrity presenter appears onstage
- Confirming and qualifying the credentials of each voter to ensure they meet the current standards of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association
- Only three senior EY professionals know the winners in advance of the ceremony
“With the ever-increasing amount of content available for consumers to watch on a variety of platforms, there is more competition than ever before to win the eyes of consumers and the recognition of the industry. The results of the Golden Globe Awards can have a very real impact on the commercial success of the film and television business. We are proud to be the guardians who ensure the integrity of the final outcome,” John Nendick, EY’s Global Media & Entertainment Leader, added.