The FINANCIAL — “In the first quarter, both the Group’s sales and profitability increased. Net sales increased by 8% and amounted to SEK 77.4 billion. Volumes of heavy-duty and medium-duty trucks were down by 4%, which was off-set by 34% higher volumes of construction equipment. The Group’s adjusted operating income improved to SEK 7.0 billion, with earnings improvements coming from all business areas and with the most significant impact from Trucks and Volvo CE. The adjusted operating margin was 9.1%,” says Martin Lundstedt, President and CEO.
• In Q1 2017 net sales increased by 8% to SEK 77.4 billion (71.7). Adjusted for currency movements and acquired and divested units sales increased by 4%.
• Adjusted operating income amounted to SEK 7,029 M (4,459), corresponding to an adjusted operating margin of 9.1% (6.2).
• Currency movements had a positive impact on operating income of SEK 289 M.
• Operating cash flow in the Industrial Operations amounted to SEK 1.5 billion (-10.4).
• UD Trucks launched all-new heavy-duty Quon and medium-duty Croner truck ranges.
• New Volvo VNR regional haul tractor launched in North America.